Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt.
What are the laws regarding flying drones in a neighborhood? Been doing it most of the day today and also 8pm tonight for a few minutes. This was the corner of D and K streets. It's not really loud but it's kind of annoying after a awhile.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
8F - the local neighborhood watch also reported drone activity yesterday on Kaloli Point, including late at night. They suggest calling the police on 935-3311 (non-emergency number) if the drone/s become a nuisance, especially at night. There's a concern that the drone is being used not only in an anti-social manner but may be being used to check properties to see if people are at home or if the property is empty and what belongings might be easy to steal.
I notified Kaloli Pt's NW administrator...the drone is a neighbor's 20 something yr old son's new gadget. It's innocent activity. My husband will have a chat w/him about neighborhood concerns.

Thanks, Mermaid. I'll pass this onto the local neighborhood watch leader. If he wants confirmation, would you mind emailing me? I'll send details if they're needed. The activity is definitely causing some concern here.

Tom
If needed I can email you Tom, although I think my email to the administrator last night, a friend of mine, will suffice.

The young man w/the drone thinks aerial house photos could turn into a part time job. We're not selling our house but we'd like a photo.

I can understand the concern in the neighborhood. As we are learning, drones are used for criminal activities.
Now for the USAF but soon maybe to general public.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/14/u...hells.html
Slow Walker
aerial house photos could turn into a part time job

Flying a drone "for profit" requires licensure from FAA, along with State GET on the income.

Thx kalakoa...I'll make sure to pass on that information.
Much ado about nada.
All drones need to be registered with the FAA now. Just an FYI for our young enthusiast.