Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Amazon Prime
Hi everyone, Amazon is insisting I have Prime even though I tell customer support I didn't pay for it and I get Prime service. Anyone else have this "problem"?
Check your credit card and bank statements. I have been charged two times now for additional Prime memberships that I never asked for.
Oh wow. Thanks for the head's up!
Awesome info hotinhawaii, thanks! Yes they did sign me up and charge me in Sept '16 and set my account for Prime auto payment. Seems the customer service rep has heard this before. Within seconds of telling her I didn't order Prime, she was processing a refund and apologizing. Thanks again.
How is Prime working out for you?
My husband just signed up for the free month of Prime because they said the pump he wanted would ship free.
Got to checkout, there was still a delivery charge.
He actually paid EXTRA for expedited delivery, so he could get it by yesterday.
It is currently in Honolulu; tracking says "Now expected Mar 17 - Mar 21 We’re sorry your package is late. If it hasn’t arrived by Wednesday, Mar 22, please come back for more options."
Um, Wednesday?

And now I have to make sure I cancel Prime so they don't charge me for this non-service.
paid EXTRA for expedited delivery

Never let the island know you're in a hurry.
Prime doesn't work in Hawaii. Things take forever. Unless you buy items that are "shipped and sold by Amazon". Now that they are charging tax, cost of living just went up again. Almost time to move back to St.John.
I actually liked the prime membership and thought the movies were better than Netflix. BUT I will investigate to attempt to find out if this deception was from an employee looking for a bonus or if it is a practice coming from corporate. I'm just about ready to withdraw my credit card info and account and live without Amazon. Deceptive practices and credit cards is a bad mix. I reported the mix up 3 times before they took action.
If you pay for expedited sevice and don't get it, call them and they will refund the shipping charge.
Thanks for the heads-up Punatic. I think they've gotten too big to be efficient.