Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your favorite things about Puna?
What are the best things about living in Puna? [8D]

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Watching the newbie dreamers come and go. It provides amusement.
Low property taxes
best things about living in Puna?

Arguing on Punaweb about the worst things in Puna; roosters, semi-slugs, slow Amazon shipping to Hawaii, imaginary geothermal emissions (my battery operated !SIX! transistor radio detected them)...

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The Aina,
the Culture,
The people.
The weather and the affordability.
Weather, price, low pop density, etc. I really envy anyone here in the 60s or 70s though, must have been amazing!
The country feeling, smell of the land after it rains, most people are friendly and smile at me, no freezing weather, the birds on my property - but most of all, the awesome memories I have from the past 30 years of living here with my family. I was born in California, but I found my real home the minute I stepped off the plane on my first trip here in 1978. Smile
Feeling free, having no mortgage or utility bills driving me into wage slavery, all the interesting and different people you meet from everywhere, trade winds, cool slightly overcast days, all my animals on my acreage, thinking about something I want, and then cutting up some dead trees to build it, and eating poke on a trip to town with my best bud.
Originally posted by Sistersue:
"I found my real home the minute I stepped off the plane on my first trip here."

Ditto! 35 years later, looking forward to more awesome memories of living here with my family!