Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Kema Sr pleads Guilty to manslaughter.
I am Wondering why Peter Kema sr has decided to plead guilty instead of having his trial?

Also, If one was called to Jury Duty for this case would this plead of guilt by Peter Kema sr cancel that Jury duty?

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/0...slaughter/

They probably offered the plea deal to get him incentive. They may have made it clear that the alternative, if it had to go through trial, could result in life with no possibility of parole.
Yeah, your jury duty summons is really the focus of this issue huh Gypper.
He should be in prison for the rest of his life. He's already had years of freedom after this murder. jmo
Wondering why Peter Kema sr... decided to plead guilty

95% of court cases in the US never go to trial, but are settled with a plea deal.

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Not the best outcome, IMO. Kema's wife had agreed to testify against him in return for her own sweet deal of a plea bargain. Was the prosecution's case so weak that they worried about an acquittal even with the wife's testimony? Also, this plea bargain required a highly unusual legal maneuver in that the defendant had to agree to waive the expired statute of limitations on manslaughter charges. This guy deserves to spend a lot more than six years and some months in prison.

I asked Mitch Roth face to face during his first election campaign if the thought there were too many high profile, light sentence plea bargains in Hawaii County, and he said, "Yes." Now that he's well into his second term, it doesn't feel much different. Having said that, I have to grudgingly say that he is probably better than either of his opponents would have been.
There are many men in Prison who have children. Life in Prison will not be fun or PK Sr. I would not be surprised if he has to be segregated for his own safety.
Call or go online re: your jury duty anyway. Odds are you'll be excused, but you are required to check. They may use some of those summoned on another case.
"I asked Mitch Roth face to face during his first election campaign if the thought there were too many high profile, light sentence plea bargains in Hawaii County, and he said, "Yes."

He still believes that but his hands are tied by the lack of prisons.

Want to raise taxes to build prisons or should we improve the schools and maybe roads ?
"He still believes that but his hands are tied by the lack of prisons."

Maybe, but don't you think they should find room for Peter Kema, Sr.? Also, Roth could make some room by not sending marijuana cultivators to prison as he continues to do.