Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just saying "Hi"
Aloha, So I've been a member for a week or so and I just thought I'd speak up rather than just creep. I can't thank you all enough for the information that you share here. It's been of great help to me and my plans.
I've been going to the state of Hawaii since I was 14 years old, my Grandmother lived on Oahu, swimming 3 miles a day until she passed at 94. Some of the healthiest years of my life were when I lived on the island of Hawaii in my 20's. I've been back to visit since then. On my last trip back in January 17 I decided to buy property. I close on May 8th on a place in Hawaiian Acres. Due to the wage cut I'll take with the move I'm going to earn the money to build here (Vancouver BC) and then move there. Not completing until I'm in a place to live there full time. I work as an RMT and have some plans to build a practice there though I figure it will take a long time. Until the new practice is big enough to support me I will do whatever job I can to keep bread on the table. Probably something in the service industry as that seems the best way to meet folks.
Anyway, just figured I should speak up after reading so many of your posts.
Mahalo,
Jim
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
Aloha Jim! . Congrats on HA land. You've taken the first step to coming home. Welcome!
Hello Jim, and welcome. What a nice introductory post that was!

I'm not sure what an RMT is, but assuming it's a "registered massage therapist". If so, I think a few of us here wouldn't mind help with our backs etc Wink

Good luck with the move.
Yes, when can we schedule appointments Jim?
indeed welcome! from another acres resident. my next door neighbor is a canadian from BC.
i am sure we have a lot of readers who sometimes creep out to post... good for you!
Great introduction. A hearty welcome to you.
Welcome to H.A.
Welcome to this board.
We as well are in H.A.
Since the 1960s.
Mrs.Mimosa

Mahalo to you all for your very kind and welcoming words! Yes TomK, you nailed it. RMT is registered massage therapist, much like an LMT there. As for helping peoples backs, well, I'm a few years out from that. Best case I'll be there in three years if all goes perfectly and we all know the chances of that. I intend to visit this September but won't have coverage and local licence to work, plus my hands and feet will be busy on my land. I'll be grateful to be of service later but 3 years seems like a long wait for a massage. Particularly as there are most likely a great many excellent people already there.
Iquade, thanks, I'd be glad to meet up with other residents this coming September, maybe we can meet then? I'll bring the smoked salmon, a taste of home for your neighbour if they don't get home often enough to still be bored of it. Ahi poke is an excellent alternative of course.
Mrs. Mimosa, mahalo! I have read your posts many times and look forward to the possibility of seeing the produce that you grow and learning what you might choose to share about gardening. From what I have read by and about you it seems that you have worked long and hard to be an important part of your community. Thank you for your words of welcome (welina?) here.
Years to go yet but thank you all. I will post any advances as they slowly take place as well as reply to comments & questions. I'd like to help feed back some of the benefit this site has brought me. Not that I have much to share of value yet.
Mahalo nui loa Punawebbers
Jim wrote:

"I'll be grateful to be of service later but 3 years seems like a long wait for a massage. Particularly as there are most likely a great many excellent people already there."

Fair comment, but in three years time our backs will hurt even more plus you'll have all the new people moving here and getting to that age, so you may have quite a number of potential clients!