Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooring installation
Wondering if I could get any suggestions of flooring installers in Hilo/Keaau area. Looking to get bamboo flooring in 3 bedrooms. Hoping for any recommendations of trustworthy installers. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Floor Décor on Manono St. are nice people. I don't know their cost, though.
1 island 2 another
We installed ours ourselves. It wasn't hard. The most work required was leveling the 30 year old floor.
Good luck with your project.
JG-HPP wondering if you or someone you know used them for your
floors? Kenney wish I could install myself but I am disabled.Anyone else out there have any suggestions? Thanks
I get it Wecelli. I also am unable too "labor" any more. " We" didn't install our flooring, my daughter did. I was cheerleader, gopher and sponsor only. It's always "easy" when someone else does it. (until you have to pay them). Hope you can find some assistance.
Kenney - did you (or your daughter) do the levelling yourself? I'm planning to install flooring over my concrete slab, which has slumped a little bit causing half to need levelling while the other half seems to be still level.
Yes. We used many bags of the leveling mud. Pretty much mix and dump. It flows down the low spots. It was costly and a pain in the backside. It was definitely the hardest part of the chore which I unfortunately did help with. After 6 or 7 bags we just said "good enough".
Kenney, is this the daughter who did tiling? We are considering tiling the shower; what's her rate?
We used a guy named Andre a few years back to install our hardwood floors and would definitely hire him again. Sorry, cannot find his number, but he is the best, a pro, and he works with you. (Like he made sure we were happy with the layout before nailing.) Hardwood installation is his specialty. Also good for refinishing old floors. If you happen across Andre, hire him!
Yes Eigoya, She designs, repairs and builds almost everything here. She's always loved tools and building things. If not for her, I would have had to hire somebody to do both jobs.

We have a Contractor friend who loaned us the tile cutter and showed her how to do it and another carpenter friend showed her how to install the flooring. I think any able bodied person can do both jobs if they are shown how and so inclined. (not me. I'm the gardener)