Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hwy 11 closed due to accident?
Anyone know anything about a closure near Na'alehu just now?
Motorcycle decided to go face first into a jeep at a high rate of speed.

"Witnesses who say they saw the crash claims a group of motorcyclists were traveling at a high rate of speed in a no-passing zone prior to the accident. "

Thanks alaskyn. Bummer to hear about that. Apparently the highway has reopened. I was thinking of heading that way later on this afternoon so I appreciate the info.
The group was ripping ass through Naalehu & Waiohinu shortly before this happened.
Loud, fast, and dangerous.
The Jeep they hit was pretty smashed up in the front. Fortunately no one innocent was killed.
I'm usually an upbeat kind of guy, but you play stupid games - you win stupid prizes.
quote:
you play stupid games - you win stupid prizes.

.. pretty much my thoughts..
One thing about motorcycles, I've never seen a driver texting on a cell phone!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by Palanakonu

The group was ripping ass through Naalehu & Waiohinu shortly before this happened.
Loud, fast, and dangerous..

Those motorcycles with the really loud exhaust? I'd like to see every single one of those clowns have an accident. Not get killed, just wreck their bike and get some bruises. They're a public nuisance, and proud of it.
I glad no one died, but I am wondering if it was that idiot who has been doing high speed laps from leilani to pohoiki to pahoa and back, or was it the guy on the blue gsxr who screams around at about 630 pm? The other night at about midnight I heard some fool in 6th gear at about 12000 rpm. Anyone know how fast that is? Let me tell you, without a sprocket change that in excess of 150mph. And yes I know what I'm talking about, I have raced nearly every track in California and Las Vegas. So here is my question, are the bike riders off duty cops? The reason I ask is it's not a secret when the fool's are doing this. You can hear them for miles. This could be stopped but the cops do nothing. I saw these guys riding around the last few days. Two of them were in racing leathers which was odd because I have not seen guys race suits here. Probably due to the heat and humidity. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but if it is one of those idiots, they pretty much got what they deserved.
"This could be stopped but the cops do nothing."
No different from many other nuisance or quality of life laws on the books. The police officials claim that they don't have the personnel for comprehensive law enforcement, but some local cops will tell you it's more a matter of how they are organized and union rules.
in excess of 150mph.
This could be stopped but the cops do nothing.

If a biker is going 150 mph, or 100 mph and you call the police, then an officer is dispatched to the location you heard the noise, by the time the officer arrives 20 or 30 minutes later, where is the biker?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves