Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Cough!
There are 3 of us in our household & we've all had colds/flus? But can't get over the cough (like a dry tickle in the throat)! We're drinking fresh ginger/lemon tea at night & that helps some - BUT, we're all still coughing! Anyone else dealing w/this?#129300;#129298;#128567;#129319;
20 years ago at around 40 I coughed for 3 months it left
my mothers friend same thing, crazy
exactly what you described
good luck its just a matter of time
Had the same thing last month.1st a cold and then a cough that lasted weeks.
Turned out to be bronchitis.I ended up in the emergency room.

Got antibiotics and a steroid and it got better.
Sorry to hear about your lingering cough descodave. You may want to open things up on a hot and dry day or bring in a dehumidifier as mold could be in the house. With large amounts of rain comes different molds that most of the time go undetected or unnoticed for to long. Its always good to change and wash the bedding after colds or flu's as the sweats can lead to molds in your pillows and bedding. Hope your cough subsides soon for you and your family, go easy.
descod...
Had the same symptoms last fall - throat tickle until February or March. Major PITA - the only good news is that the cough eventually subsides.
It seems to be going around...again...among most of our friends...especially the families with children... My husband had it come back on him 3 times before he finally got over it. Seems to be a nasty virus...& has to run it's course. Just when you start feeling better & start doing things again, it'll hit you again. Give it some time & rest & use your good judgment about getting medical help, especially if it goes down into the chest. Hope you're all feeling better soon

Dee
my experiences with coughing. 1. Acid reflux - no other symptom just continuous cough that would not go away, took Nexium (or Prilosac) gone in 2 days...other Drs had tried antibiotics, allergy tests, TB test...one Dr figured it out in one visit ! 2: Vog-minor asthma - If cough now, I need to use inhaler just once in a while.
Yeah, it appears lots of folks have this right now! I can count 5 people I know with some sort of persistent virus. Definitely making the rounds! I've been washing my hands more frequently, not touching face, staying away from them, etc., hoping to avoid this one! Take care!
Colds/flu that doesn't go away might not be cold/flu anymore. Maybe a trip to a Clinic to have a listen to your lungs is in order?
My persistent cough weeks after the cold/flu was pneumonia. Antibiotics fixed it. Ginger tea didn't, although it helped with symptoms.
I hope everybody feels better.