Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood burning and air quality
Almost every night for at least a week, someone around us is burning wood. We have to close all our windows (nice and hot inside now, thanks) bc the smell is awful. If I don't get to it in time bc I'm hoping hoping hoping it's short-lived, the smell is now trapped in the house. If I knew what direction it was coming from, I'd call the fire dept. How is someone this inconsiderate? Don't they care about air quality? Not all of us are in great health, you know. If you know who is doing this, at/near 2nd/3rd and Maku'u, please ask them to stop.
Plenty assholes think it's good old summer vacation time, complete with the classic campfire (smores optional). Call the fire department and let them following their nose.

The fire department would be very interested in and grateful for your call.
But if it is a food-related fire then unfortunately you're out of luck.
Think it's Middle of the block on 4th
I too have been smelling the wood smoke at night off & on for several months now. We're in Hawaiian Shores, with few close neighbors who I'm quite sure aren't burning anything. I've wondered if the lava flow might be producing that smell. I don't notice it during the day, but I think the prevailing direction of the breeze might change toward this direction at night...

Any thoughts on this anyone?

Dee
I had to speak with some visitors nearby who thought a campfire was a great idea. They were oblivious and indignant, and it took HFD to shut them down. I don't care how much your vacation rental cost, you don't get to smoke me out!
Maybe they are burning Ohia, which I understand is what you are supposed to do. (Also understood that too much can be an annoyance / health issue.)
I guess AG lots don't allow burning??? I smell someone burning trash along 130 2-3 times a week just driving home at night. Could be orchidland, but most likely HPP.
I never realized camp fires were so hated.

We have one every other month or so, though we live in HA on 3 acres with no immediate neighbors. Rest assured a marshmallow or Portuguese sausage is always at hand!
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

I never realized camp fires were so hated.

I like em just fine except when the smoke blows in my window (COPD).