Coordinates:
18.95, -155.55
Depth:
38.8 km (24.1 mi)
Magnitude:
Date:
2017-06-21 10:09:06 local
2017-06-21 20:09:06 UTC
Orchidland. Slight shaking. Didn't think it was bigger than a 3.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
The earthquake was a little bigger than a 3.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/0...uth-point/

There has been a few larger earthquakes of late, lava could be on the move.
a few larger earthquakes of late

Could they, or should they, be caused by PGV drilling?
Kalakoa, you brought up an interesting thought.

Earthquakes have been known to be caused by Geothermal operations. Maybe a couple million dollar study should be done on lower Puna's Geothermal to see if the power plant is causing more or frequent earthquakes. Just recently the PGV plant has raised it's production and profit levels to it's highest ever so an earthquake and community health study would not be bad ideas. jmo

https://news.ucsc.edu/2013/07/geothermal...uakes.html
Be sure to use Cali in a comparison study to find direct correlation between geothermal and earthquakes. I believe it is more of a world Draught thing with our water tables diminishing.

Community begins with Aloha
Maybe a couple million dollar study should be done

Do you really think a few $million will be enough? That's only a dozen or so relocation buyouts.
Kalakoa,

The Geothermal Relocation fund has been a cookie jar that has many past council members and politicians eating from. The county planning department is said to control the Geothermal Relocation fund and the "Mayor" controls the county planning department. The past Mayor Kenoi may have allowed council members and himself to eat from the Relocation fund cookie jar, he also helped change the rules and lower the relocation buyout offers to many. Because of bad management and communication, Millions has been siphoned from the Relocation fund over the past few years and Millions more is not being accounted for.

http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2012/0...ospective/

Some rumors suggest that past Puna council member Greggor Illagan also was allowed to use Geothermal relocation funds for his office rent. Meanwhile many have waited for years and in some cases decades for help to be relocated from this growing Geothermal power plant in their back yard. jmo's

many have waited for years and in some cases decades for help to be relocated

Didn't something like 23 of the 24 on the relocation list decide not to take the funds? If it's a health and death trap, any offer is a good offer.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
gypsy - House values are way up from the recent lava flow times. Put your house up for sale, and then move. It is what you want.