Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS PMAR survey
A couple weeks ago I found a yellow card with a survey about the PMAR tied to a tree next to the entrance to my property. Now I find out it was sent out by the HPPOA and it's all lies.

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/commenta...puna-vital

In the meantime, the HPPOA is supporting a survey based on the following misinformation. The survey states a two-lane road will be built through the middle of HPP — not to HPP — and the proposed road through HPP will require seizure of privately held lots and roads. Furthermore, the survey states that the mayor, the council and the state Senate and House all are taking action on a plan to build this highway through the middle of HPP.

While that isn’t the truth, the news of this survey has at least invited discussion on Facebook. It is unfortunate the discussion is premised on misinformation. Since the survey instrument provides false information and contains leading questions, and is being selectively hand-delivered to certain residences in HPP, it will be difficult to view the results as valid.

... there is no plan being concocted behind closed doors to build a highway across HPP. There is no political will for this idea and no money to throw at such a plan.

Now that, I believe.

Perfect citizens: Those who do not like cake, but have a passion for producing eggs, butter, sugar & milk.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
My favorte part: reps managed to get $15M allocated towards PMAR (for "studies" -- didn't the entire "emergency Railroad Ave" only cost $20M?) only to have it "redirected" to the 130 widening.

Better than nothing, perhaps, but where's the "will of the people" here?

...and where's another $15M for the "upper PMAR" studies? Mauka subdivisions have lots of that "one road in, one road out" going on as well...
Nowhere in their op-ed piece do the three politicians mention the effect of all those additional cars from their newly "limited" PMAR option on HPP's already substandard roads. We currently get hundreds of cars going across our mauka roads during rush hour to avoid some of the 130 crawl. With another option, this will get worse and spread over more of the subdivision, depending on where they bring the new road in . . . if it ever gets built. The result will be more dust, more potholes, and more traffic on residential unimproved roads.

A well built, buffered road all the way across HPP might actually be better than what they propose. At least it would be maintained by the government and keep most of the traffic focused. I see yet another lawsuit in HPP's future, and this time the expense might actually be justified if it forces the politicians to do this the right way. They need to pressure the state to finish the four lane project on 130 and then come up with a comprehensive plan that includes community input.
We currently get hundreds of cars going across our mauka roads during rush hour to avoid some of the 130 crawl.

Upside to "chip seal" is that it solves this problem by making the road worse than 130.
I went to HPP's membership meeting yesterday and Bueneventura, O'Hara and Ruderman gave responses to the PMAR presentation. They were surprised anything was going on with surveys and such. All 3 agreed the presentation was misleading and contained misinformation. Bueneventura said the board member Crelly lady is a politician who ran against her and just wants to churn things up. And I just wasted 20 minutes listening to a power point presentation full of gooblee gah?

The politicians said none of them or the mayor have any plan to run a PMAR through HPP and there's no money. Ruderman said nothing would happen without extensive discussion with HPP and it's board. O'Hara said the community needs an emergency access route when the highway's blocked to allow an alternative route for EMS and police to access other areas in need. I totally agree. Bueneventura said she'll have a meeting at HPP on 9/9 at 3 pm. to give us facts, not misinformation.
perfection is the enemy of progress. just start doing something.

improve all the little roads that are already out there. 40th, road 8, road 1, road G, old volcano trail, olaa, etc, etc.

HPP needs to build some stores in there so they don't have to go to hwy 130 everytime for anything.
just start doing something.

1. "No money."

2. "But we can afford studies, that's like 'doing something' right?"

HPP needs to build some stores in there

3. "No zoning."

4. "But even if there were, it's 'near my house' which means traffic and crime."

Can we just skip ahead to ubiquitous high-speed internet, drone delivery, Amazon warehouse on-island?
If the PMAR thru HPP was designed to allow very few exits/entrances, almost no additional traffic would enter HPP. HPP would benefit the most. Dividing the 130 traffic into 1/3 (thru HPP) and 2/3 (on 130) would work the best.
PMAR thru HPP designed to allow very few exits/entrances

5. It's not much of a PMAR if it doesn't also support emergency access to HPP.