Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Threat to Substandard Subdivision Reside
Interesting story in the Washington Post today with implications for some Puna residents. A community association in San Francisco didn't pay the taxes on their privately-owned streets and common area, so a couple bought the street at at tax auction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/08/residents-of-an-exclusive-san-francisco-street-didnt-pay-their-taxes-so-someone-bought-their-street/?undefined=&utm_term=.2da30f9119ad&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1
Orchidland could be a prime example with 2 different boards both trying to control the road money. Which one has been paying the taxes?
As much as I hate to suggest that County got something right ... road lots are a special exempt class SR, so will never go up for tax lien auction.
Interesting Leilanidude. Does the association get taxed on the mutually owned roads of Orchidland? How much? Has it been paid?
Kalakoa..that's reassuring regarding the roads, but I suspect community-owned lots could still potentially be at risk
All the "road-shaped lots" I've clicked on are valued at $100 with an exemption for $100. Hard to have an unpaid tax lien for $0 taxes.
Who would want the sssd roads. They are just a massive liability.