Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown hoofed animal in lower HPP
My husband said he saw a goat while walking the dog earlier this week. Then, Wednesday I saw a too-tall-to-be goat (immediately I thought it was a small llama) leaping across the derelict lot on Beach and AlaKai ( the one with old containers and vans strewn about) when I was walking dog in evening. Today my dog starts barking and again, down our driveway, the brown not-goat nor llama runs right By our porch (luckily the dog was inside). Has anyone seen this on the Makuu end of HPP?
Beach and AlaKai

Do you mean Ala Heiau? On the curve?
I'm going for a walk tonight! With a camera!

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Yes. Ala Heiau, but I'm not close to that and it just ran by here. And I had a camera (iPad) in hand but it was so quick....
"I saw a too-tall-to-be goat"

Probably not: https://www.google.com/search?q=giant+goat+breeds&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

ETA: scroll down to the images banner where you see the goats are taller than the people
the goats are taller than the people

terracore,
You might have just changed my mind about that walk...

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If it's a large goat, that's definitely not a "feral" or "wild" animal, there is somebody looking for it and the animal is probably friendly.

Probably.
Yes, I wanted to follow it, until I thought about it....too many Alaskan close-calls... but I went directly to the back jungle (whence it came) and it hadn't eaten anything fueling my not-goat theory. My husband said it had a rope or lead that he was going to tie it with on Monday, so I believe it may be someone's (unless there's two)...
Years ago I did some work for a couple living off the mauka side of Ala Heiau near the end. They had a young pet goat (who they adored). Thinking back I believe there may have been a lot full of abandoned cars and weeds near their house. Perhaps it could be their pet who escaped?
It's a sheared sheep. It was on our property 3rd&Makuu a few days ago. Tried to approach it to get the rope, but couldn't get near it. It kept running away, full gallop, like a little horse. Finally it took off down the street at full speed toward Makuu. I put a pic up on HPP Next Door Facebook page. Don't know how to share a pic if you're not on FB. I was told it was a sheep bc "tail up, goat; tail down, sheep." Should've called Humane Society but I didn't know what to do - our dogs were going ballistic and I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. I hope its owner sees one of these posts and goes to find it.
I saw someone posting about it on HPP facebook group. They got a picture of it, its a sheep.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com