Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wine Prices, Tink, & California Fires
If you enjoy drinking a glass of wine now and again, you may wish to stock up over the next few weeks. With the wildfires burning through Napa Valley in California, it's possible (though uncertain) that wine prices may increase soon.

I find in Hilo that KTA and Target both have pretty good prices when you catch a sale.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
So far Hilton lost a resort, K mart, Mc D's and a strip mall, as well as a normal suburban neighborhood in the beginning, but on wineries to start Stagsleap is unreported, William Hill minor damage, Chateau St John unreported, Frey and Oster wine cellars in Mendocino gone. Many other independent and one of the oldest, White Rock gone. Fire still going in areas too steep for hand crews and using 747 air attack to not much avail.
Sad to also say that 21 dead and 380 missing so far, it's a true hell.

Community begins with Aloha
Update: all of the town of Calistoga, known for its hot springs mandatory evac.. BOYCOTT DOUBLETREE!! Rohnert Park Doubletree wanted $250 a night for a fire crew from Nevada! Reporting from the cab of a dozer somewhere on a ridge...

Community begins with Aloha
Please - - stay safe Tink.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Really Tink, stay safe.
I remember the smoked, weary faces of my Husband (Smokejumper) and Son (now Captain at Sac. FD, formerly State Firefighter) when they returned from Fire Season. My nephew is there with you now too.
Blessings on you and all the Crews there working so hard.
Damn Doubletree. Sleeping on the ground with your Polaski sucks. Hope you get some rest.
Keep in touch.
Sending Aloha
Heard on News tonight that 17 wineries were destroyed in the fire.
Plenty French and Chilean wine out there still pretty cheap.
Jaboticaba.
Tink - how's it going? Anything any of us can do to help?
Heard today that 4 Firefighters were injured and a water tank driver killed yesterday in a roll over. It's not over yet.
Aloha Tink. We'll be glad when you're home, safe!