Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeowner Insurance
Now preparing to build a new house in Nanawale, I am told by electrical contractor I will need homeowner insurance that covers the work site, materials, etc. State Farm says they are not covering lava zones 1 & 2. Any recommendations for a company which would cover Nanawale with the minimal required coverage I would need?
We use www.alohainsurance.com.
wow maud, i would certainly ask your electrical contractor to show his insurance. that is why you are required to use a licensed contractor, they have insurance!! seems like he wants to pass his liability on to you... as far as your question: i have DTRIC they have great rates, not sure about your lava zone, but i certainly wasn't required by any of my contractors to have homeowners and i asked all my contractors about theirs...
I have Lloyds and it's darn pricey
My understanding is, I need "builder's risk" or "course of construction" type insurance, not for the contractor's liability per se but for the protection of the building materials, protection of the house as it goes up, and liability of myself as owner-builder and any relatives/friends helping me. However, I will question the contractor further as to what was meant...