Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Airline Mainland Direct to Hilo! $159
This morning's Jan. 24 issue of Hawaii Tribune-Herald had an article about ATA airlines opening direct flights between Hilo and Oakland. They are offering introductory rates as low as $159 one way. Here's their website- www.ata.com

Sorry, i didn't see robguz' posting. how do I delete this?

Edited by - leilaniguy on 01/24/2006 18:45:36
Well, we all knew it was just a question of time. You will see more tourist in Hilo now and Puna will be discovered. Hold on to your properties! SmileSmileSmile

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I don't think that many additional tourists will spend much time in Puna. Most of those who fly into Hilo will either go directly to Volcano and back to Hilo or will drive to Kona resorts; they probably will never leave the main highways in this area. Only tourists who already know about Puna are likely to stop here, and few of them are likely to be interested in buying property here.

The new flights will provide a convenience and bargain for people who are coming to Puna from the West Coast anyway, since they will be able to reach their final destination without changing planes in Honolulu, but unless local businesses start a major advertising campaign on the mainland, most of Puna will remain as invisible to the average mainland tourist as it is now.

Howard

quote:
You will see more tourist in Hilo now and Puna will be discovered. Hold on to your properties! SmileSmileSmile
Hi Howard, I missed your introduction, or did you write one? Mahalo Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Well Howard, everybody said the same thing in the early '90s when United started flying to Kona and look what happened in that 10-year time span!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

But who is ATA? Do they even furnish hot meals, pillows, blankets, movies, like Hawaiian Airlines? There website doesn't tell anything about them. Who ever takes a chance and flys with them, post your experience please.

ATA is a legitimate airline. I have flown with them many times although not recently. They used to ( and may still ) offer a yearly pass which was like a bus pass - it allowed unlimited mainland travel. When I last had an airpass it cost about two grand and it only was sold in November.

ATA does, I believe, a lot of charter work as well. They have meals, pillows, blankets and movies. When I last flew the only thing ATA didn't have was a First Class section. Everyone was treated equally.

Chairman, Punaweb Committee, MSPA
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I wasn't in Hawaii then, so I don't know what Kona was like back then. Wasn't it already more of a tourist destination then than Puna is now?

You may turn out be right, but I hope not. Now that I have finally "discovered" Puna, I'd hate to see what I like about it change any time soon.

Howard

quote:
Well Howard, everybody said the same thing in the early '90s when United started flying to Kona and look what happened in that 10-year time span!

Aloha John,

Do you honestly believe that a small airline (not United) can make a significant difference in the value of Puna property?

Also, in your opinion, will Puna property likely to be affected (negatively) by the exploding Coqui population anytime in the near future?

maholo

Edited by - 300FETS on 01/26/2006 00:19:57
I like the idea of a direct flight to Hilo, but I hate the idea of giving up on the frequent flier miles I've built up with Aloha.

David D