Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night Riders with no lights
Is this a Puna, Hawaii island thing? Why do I see so many cars driving without lights when it is very dark out. I never noticed this in other places, it seems to be maybe a Hawaiian style thing, or oops I forgot to turn on my lights. Kinda of scary on a dangerous road like Hwy 130.
Probably just drunk driving.
See all the time on hwy 11 at dusk or darker I don't know what going on?

jrw
jrw
I call them “darks”. They make it really fun to turn into HPP off 130 going south.
Others that are fun are the “fakeouts”, they have their turn signals on with no intention of actually turning. Could have have been t-boned last week turning right off Kaloli to 130. Oncoming car had his right signal on so you’d think he’d be turning in allowing us to come on out. My instinct said stay put and I’m glad I did.
Oh, and one other thing is drivers who zoom up to stop signs making you think they aren’t stopping. See lots of those coming from the numbered streets going on to the main streets in HPP.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
What about the ones who blast their high lights on in your face as soon as your car gets close to them? Lots of lousy drivers around here. [Sad!]
What about the ones who blast their high lights on in your face as soon as your car gets close to them?
-----
Are your headlights properly aimed? Maybe they think you have YOUR brights on.
Then they're really stupid, because my low lights are really LOW!
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

What about the ones who blast their high lights on in your face as soon as your car gets close to them?
-----
Are your headlights properly aimed? Maybe they think you have YOUR brights on.

Or maybe you have really bright HIDs?
There seemed to be a lot of dusk/dark drivers without their lights on yesterday. Usually if I see someone, I will flash my lights to remind them. Also the left turn lights at route 11 and Puainako were only letting 2 cars at a time get through! Very frustrating, late to an appt because of it. Tons of traffic yesterday too.
Most of the paved subdivision roads are very hilly, and this can make an oncoming car appear to have his brights on or be flashing them at you when neither is the case.