Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto glass tint
Can anyone give a recommendation on where to get my car windows tinted?

Mahalo in advance for replies. KW
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Since they started requiring the inspection stations to take pictures of the car, it's almost impossible to pass inspection with tinted windows.
You have to use an inspection station that has the light meter. I think its about $5 more for the inspection. Just don't get a stupid level of dark tint and you will pass with the meter.
I see sedans with super dark front, back, and side windows all the time... How do they get around the inspection?
How do they get around the inspection?

WIth a second, clean sedan. Just swap the rear bumper after getting the safety sticker.
If you have a truck or SUV the back windows can be tinted as dark as you want while cars need to be at 35%. I wonder why the difference?

https://www.tinting-laws.com/hawaii/

Tint darkness for sedans:
Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Tint darkness for SUV and vans:
Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

I see sedans with super dark front, back, and side windows all the time... How do they get around the inspection?

Believe it or not they have the tint removed and then re-applied.

It's about $400.00/year to do that !

http://khon2.com/2014/04/25/drivers-with...crackdown/
Well, that didn't exactly answer my question but it sparked a lively discussion.

A friend in California said the fine is 90$ but you can get out of paying if you have it removed. Says he pays the fine because its cheaper than re-tinting.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
What exactly is the attraction of tinting? So you can't see other traffic as clearly as before?
oblique opaqueness is how some

+ + O'o you know shading reduce heat di ba ?