Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Skate Park to be named. Letters of support
There is a council action moving forward to officially name the Pahoa Skate Park in honor of the woman who worked tirelessly to bring it to success.

Her name is Virginia Aste. I have known her for 25 years or so and she is constantly working on community issues. The skate park is only one item in the list. She deserves a little recognition.

I ask you to send letters of support to the council in approval of naming the Pahoa skate park the Virginia Aste Skate Park. Please trust me this is well deserved.

Bill naming the skate park is on the PWPRC committee agenda for Dec.4, 2017, testimony can be emailed to: counciltestimony@hawaiicounty.gov

Mahalo in advance for your support.....
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Done. Thanks Rob.
Done and thanks for the heads-up Rob!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Rob.
I'd love to see Virginia receive some recognition for her effort on this project, which helped bring a skate park to keiki in the Pahoa area. Naming the park for her would show the community's appreciation. I sent an email to the council this morning.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I'm staggered that council (read government) isn't going to name it after a fellow politician. Good luck.
Mahalo for your support folks....

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...after-aste

"The Hawaii County Council advanced a bill Monday to name the Pahoa skate park after Puna resident Ginny Aste...."