Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Federal law circumvents Hawaii's CCW process
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/...rmits.html

https://ag.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads...17-146.pdf

I'm sure this will quickly get hijacked into (another) 2nd amendment debate thread, but until then, a federal law has passed the house that would require all 50 states to accept the conceal carry permit from every other state.

That puts Hawaii in a bind because CCW permits are virtually non existent (not a single permit application was approved in 2016, as of July 2014 there were 183 active Handgun Carry Licenses in Hawaii, out of a population of 1.4 million).

If the bill passes the senate, anybody from the other 49 states could come here with their concealed weapons and permits, but local residents wouldn't be able to participate unless they got a permit from one of the other states.

unless they got a permit from one of the other states

Several of which will issue carry permits to non-residents...
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I'm sure this will quickly get hijacked into (another) 2nd amendment debate thread
Actually... it is an ideal example of just how moronic the Republican party is. When it's common knowledge that anyone that feels they need to carry a gun needs mental health counseling the feds won't help with that.. but damn right they'll let sick people carry guns.
interesting as how the airlines / tsa will deal with this.... must a visitor also register the fire arm with the state upon arrival? de register upon departure? .....intrigued to see how this develops
If this becomes reality then I am leaving this country.
I hope our Hawaii Republican friends will speak up for another major rallying cry their leaders make - - states rights.

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

If this becomes reality then I am leaving this country.

Guffaw! Like all the celebs that were moving to Canada if Trump won?
states rights

"States' rights" when it's about legalizing marijuana and collecting taxes on it.

"Federal pre-emption" when it's about letting marijuana patients have firearms.
Some Republican celebs said they would move to Canada if Hilary won.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Some Republican celebs said they would move to Canada if Hilary won.

Which is a moot point as Shillary lost.