Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured Dog on Maku'u
We found an injured Chihuahua towards the top of Maku'u about 6:300 or 7:00. Called the emergency number at the humane society and they sent a man out to pick up and treat the dog. If you know anyone up that way that has a light brown/tan Chihuahua let them know it was found. It was between about 27th and 29th??

We saw a pig, belly up on Maku’u this morning. That will make a dent.
Little dogs, any dogs on roads don’t mix.
BTW Royall, good of you to render first aid. If it was my dog, I’d be glad somebody cared.
It's been 11 days since the original post, but today I saw sings on upper Paradise regarding a lost Chihuahua. Unfortunately someone was driving way too close to my rear end so I couldn't slow enough to get the number.
Thanks SoCal.... we'll check it out to see if it the same dog..

One time a small strange dog got into our yard and was able to rush past the wife when she opened the front door, ran across the living room, and jumped into my lap. It might have been cute if the dog hadn't been rolling in feces.

The next day she took it to the humane society and they scanned the dog and discovered it had a microchip, it had been adopted from them many years previous. They contacted the owner who was surprised because they hadn't seen the dog in two years. They were happily reunited. The dog had been well cared for during the two years, my guess is that it had adopted another family during that time like it tried to adopt us.