Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with Leilani?

Recently a hostage situation where a gent was shot 6 times.
Now this which I got in an email:

https://local.nixle.com/alert/6316745/?sub_id=2806968

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Thank god the home invaders weren't shot. They can continue their good works through the rest of the holiday season, find jesus, etc. /s
It’s not so bad in Leilani, recently a friend of mine was robbed in Nanawale, and remarked “this has to be the worst neighborhood in Puna.” The cop said no, that’s The beaches..
L.G. I hate to disagree with you sir, but Leilani Estates has been going down hill. Dude smoke checks his family on Moku, dude smoke checks whatever that was on Nohea, Meth heads flying up and down the streets, idiots going through people's mail boxes, turds roaming the streets looking for whatever suits them, cars being stolen, blah blah blah In Sept. I had some **** bird come all the way down my driveway at 10pm and my drivway is not inviting. The cops here are as dirty as the crooks so don't ever ask them for help. I simply went in to the station to talk about some issues in the neighborhood and was treated like **** by the hag behind the window.
This goes for all of the neighborhoods.
There are no police patrols being done.
They are only available as reactionary visits when a true call comes in.

Yank the police who are only looking for speeders on main highways and put them into the neighborhoods instead, to provide constant patrolling, especially on side streets.
https://www.hawaii247.com/2017/12/22/pun...-his-home/
L.D. the violence continues in Leilani and you are 100 percent correct about what the cops need to do, but that will never happen. These cops do nothing and if you are forced to protect yourself, you go to jail. I wonder if the dude in my driveway was one of the the guys in the article that fractured the victim's skull. I guess he found a easier victim lol. I'll just leave it at that......
Meanwhile, the Leilani Board of Directors is more interested in flying drones over your property in order to see if you have a proper carport...and then claiming in the board meeting that they have never done so, despite board meeting minutes that says they have...
"Yank the police who are only looking for speeders on main highways and put them into the neighborhoods instead, to provide constant patrolling, especially on side streets."

Agreed. Unfortunately, a cop explained to me that they have so many hours of traffic patrol, seatbelt enforcement (click it or ticket) etc they are required to do in order to get their various state and federal funds.
I think the crime is worse in the subdivisions that have smaller lots and larger population density for two reasons: 1) More efficient use of 'casing' time and 2) Most of these crack heads don't go far from their home. Most of them start out stealing from friends and families and when they move onto higher risk targets it begins with the neighbors.
Oh happy day...