Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool shooting star last night
We saw it in the NE sky between 7-8pm, and it travelled roughly NW to SE. Super bright, long trail, and it broke up into two pieces, which travelled in the same direction, one faster than the other. Very cool to see, and we hope Santa is OK!
Saw another one at roughly the same time frame coming from the south headed north east. Looked like it was headed for the water.. judging by the arch downward.I just happened to be staring off in that direction at the time, or would have missed it.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials...eor-shower
Same here. Super longer trail, bright bluish green, it streaked on a similar path NW to SE. I had gone outside to water a tree, it was such a beautiful clear night the indoor bathroom didn't call to me. Stars were shining so brightly. After witnessing it I stood out there in awe for minutes, hoping to see more but nada. Opened my starchart app and marveled at the constellations for awhile.
Must have been a good night to be outside. The ISS passed over us at around 0440 hours.
So good to see so many enjoy the night sky. Access to seeing the night sky has become so difficult for many around the world and Puna is still one of those spots where you don't need a telescope to see such a beautiful view.
I gotta look up more.