Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know of any Hawaii to Anchorage direct flights?
We are planning a trip in June and I've tried a few searches the last few months and it seems I can't find anything direct into Anchorage from anywhere in Hawaii. Seems so strange. Everything goes to Portland or Seattle first. I know there are some seasoned Alaska travelers on Punaweb. Any tips?
Anchorage is too small of a city to have a daily or even weekly from Honolulu, let alone Hilo or Kona.

ETA: I stand corrected.. and surprised... When I searched earlier - none showed up. New searches are showing a daily, on Alaskan. I used google.com/flights
I've always had to go through seattle.
1 island 2 another
We flew 3 humans and 7 parrots from ANC to HNL in June:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cities...-anchorage

ETA: The direct flight ANC - HNL is an afternoon/evening flight
The flight from HNL-ANC is a red-eye.
They have seasonal "once a week" flights from Anchorage to Kona on Alaska.
Mahalo to all for the good input and sharing of info. Great link and details Terracore! This is good news, so much easier and more fun to go direct.
Kona to anchorage on Saturday Alaska airlines save you a flight to Oahu

jrw
jrw
They did a few years earlier a direct redeye from Hilo to skankorage. .. but since then I think it's been dropped.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

They have seasonal "once a week" flights from Anchorage to Kona on Alaska.

Twice a week, friday and saturday, and daily to HNL during fall/winter. In summer, no KOA service but HNL is continued. Maybe not daily though. Pretty sure they've never operated between ITO and ANC.
Hell yes they do. My husband uses every month