Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad flu/colds going around?
My wife, our little grandaughter, and myself are dealing with some pretty horrible illness. Don't know if it's a cold or some flu. And both my wife and I have had our flu shots. Very nasty coughs and nasality issues (sort, I sometimes invent my own words).

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Yep. I got a flu shot in November. Didn't prevent me from getting this flu though. Six days of weak and I'll with lots of coughing.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
supposed to be a nastier than usual flu season. might not hurt to stock up on the relief products before hand.
Our whole ohana just got over this flu / cold bug .Our Dr says it is going around .
Nasty coughing - vomiting - fever - sneezing - high temp ,
Lasted 3 weeks for all of us and the vog did not help either .
Lots of rest and liquids .
Mrs.Mimosa
Hilo Long's (Kuhio) cough medicine shelves were practically empty when I went to get hubby his cough med the other day. And everywhere I went, everyone was coughing!
Well, at least I'm not alone. I feel weak and no energy to top it off.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I got sick the day after new years. Lasted for about 4-5 days. Glad I didn't have to work. I'm also noticing a lot of people sick and I'm trying to keep my activities not involving people. Maybe I can hold out shopping for a week!

Best advice? Germ-x! Get it and use it after every public outing.

Stay safe!
I had this recently (this season) and had the 1 month dry cough. Basically, bronchitis. I went on a juice fast, and in 3 days, every symptom was gone. Bronchitis and cold/flu...gone. It does take a lot to juice fast, but it all went away. I ended up staying on it for 30 days.