Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems in Eden Roc?
Aloha Punawebers:

I recieved a very troubling email from our tenants in Eden Roc today. They are a pair of very responsible young people who grew up in Volcano. They unfortunately had to give notice as a result of increased problems in the neighborhood.

They reported to me that there has been increased traffic (suspected drug traffic of some sort?) as well as a few thefts. Increased gun fire seems to be happening. I know that gun fire comes and goes. When we first bought, there'd be several shots every night, and then after a couple of years it died down completely. I'll have to get further details from our tenants on the nature of it.

Most disturbingly, there was a report of three armed people coming on the property accusing the young man that lives there of 'hiding someone' in the house that apprently they were looking for. He is understandably shaken by these events and feels he can't live there any more.

Have any of you who live in the neighborhood heard or seen any new problems lately, especially toward the back end of the subdivision? We had never had problems in the past from 2012 to 2015. I think the new problems are just in the last few weeks, but I'll have to confirm.

Also, do any of you have any advice on how to deal with this situation? If I were there I'd probably do something stupid so it's probably best that I deal with it arms length. We've had no problems finding tenants in the past, but I'm not happy renting to someone if these problems continue. Tenants already have dogs btw.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
I live in the lower part of eden roc and I haven't heard more gunshots than normal and we have not had any trouble sorry to hear about it.

jrw
jrw
Well, normally I would suggest to report this to the police, but since we are in Hawaii I am not sure if that would really do any good.

Regardless, I suggest you ask the tennant to initiate a police report in the event that the introgressors return with any more threatening actions.
Sorry to hear this alarming news. Assuming you have a gated property with no trespassing posted, those guys were really brazen to intrude.

I'd definitely file a police report. Maybe set up cameras to catch the identity of future trespassers.

For tenants, you probably won't have a problem finding someone if the price is right, even with full disclosure of your recent problems.

I had the prefect guy once, a retired cop. He had big dogs that would actually attack intruders if not called off. He also was armed to the teeth, including automatics. Low lifes in the area quickly learned not to bother him.
By-pass the police. Call Mitch Roth, prosecuting attorney, and tell him about it.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by jrw

I live in the lower part of eden roc and I haven't heard more gunshots than normal and we have not had any trouble sorry to hear about it.

jrw

Thanks for the info.

I sure hope I can find an ex-cop or navy seal as my next tenant. I wish I was able to just move in now and take care of the place myself, but that's not possible for a bit more than a year. We keep our rent low on purpose to allow us to select good tenants and so far we've had good luck.

I hope to be able to get in touch with the young man this weekend and hear his first hand account.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
FWIW I live in Eden Roc and have not had problems so far.

Knock on wood.
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

FWIW I live in Eden Roc and have not had problems so far.

Knock on wood.

How far back? Problems are being reported to me further back than 17.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Rd 8.
""""Most disturbingly, there was a report of three armed people coming on the property accusing the young man that lives there of 'hiding someone' in the house that apprently they were looking for. He is understandably shaken by these events and feels he can't live there any more.""""
so the cops were called right, and the perps were arrested.. when is the court date?

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha