Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Forensic Analysis Petition
Here is an email that was sent to me this morning with a link to a petition some one has started on one of my newest, favorite topics for HPP. After reading the petition message I signed it, it was accurate. Needs to be done. Obviously this is just for HPP residences, so please obster don't sign it, unless of course you really are Leilani (but I don't personally believe that... most of the time).
As the email message suggests, please pass it on to your neighbors and friends in the Park (not to people in Kapoho).

Aloha caveat emptor,
Here is the petition, “Concerned Owners HPP: HPPOA Forensic Analysis Petition.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?
Please pass this link on to everyone you know in HPP who is a lot owner. There is an area provided where you can make a comment if you wish.
Please disregard the request for monetary donations and just say no thanks.
All names listed on the deed of your lot can sign the petition. Email it to them so they can sign as well.

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/concerned-owner...s-petition
The petition is an effort to show the board that the membership means business when we voted for a forensic analysis at the Oct 2017 membership meeting. Some of you weren't at the meeting, but the petition gives you an opportunity to sound off. We are demanding it and as the information states along with the petition, there is NO reason not to have a forensic analysis, unless there's something to hide.

If anything, to quell the suspicions, and answer questions, you'd think they'd only be too happy to get on w/it and then let us all move forward in a positive direction w/confidence. HPP has never had a forensic analysis (different than a forensic audit), and it's about time. Esp after all the CS expenditures which the board excluded the FC from reviewing 3+ yrs.

Please go to the link and sign the petition. It's moving along very well but we need as many signatures as we can get.

Mahalo~
Edited for clarity.
When you get about 3500 signatures you will be getting close to a majority !

That's why you have bylaws that give your board the authority they have !!
obster, you are really going to have to read your HPP bylaws better than that. And besides, the petition isn't a ballot vote, it is a PETITION to get the attention of the malcontents on the board who are enabling the rogue GM's probable illegal behaviour and actions.
You seem to have the same attitude as the malcontents, that is "we could careless about what the membership is demanding, we'll just do what we please".
Obie, right on cue as expected on an HPP thread...

As a lot owner, former board member, and former BLC member, you should know our bylaws and Articles of Incorp. Article VIII Sec 8 "Except for the limitations set by the Articles of Incorp and by these bylaws as to actions to be authorized or approved by the membership, and subject to the duties of the directors as prescribed by the bylaws....", and the Charter of Incorp, Powers and Obligations "To appoint such subordinate officers and agents as the business of the corporation requires." The board works FOR the association, does it's business FOR the membership, and it does NOT have sole authority over the membership in ALL decisions.

The intent is clear by both documents that the membership is to be involved and have a voice...i.e. a vote by the membership at a membership meeting is the "acts of the membership". The intent was not to be managed by a dictator board. State law 414D states that any vote taken at a membership meeting where a quorum is met, IS THE ACTS OF THE MEMBERSHIP. Therefore, the board HAS TO arrange for a forensic analysis since that's what we voted for and there is NO reason not to.

IMO, any efforts to obstruct the forensic analysis says a lot about the obstructionists. Are you one of them and why?
You girls are funny, you had about 50 people out of 9000 or however many people own property in HPP vote for an audit that may cost more than your annual budget for road repairs !

Interesting, that's what you said to me at the office before Christmas, "you're funny". Now that you're actually working in the office, how do you like working for HPP again? I hear there's a ton of duties for your position, and you have the billings coming up. Good luck.
P. S. Obie, you are repeating what the ofc girl said at the membership mtg to try and dissuade, influence and scare members off. It's NOT going to work.

Association members, the price tag these people are trying to attach to the forensic analysis is overstated, exaggerated, highly inflated....and despite that, the membership would NOT be swayed = unanimous vote. They felt it would be worth it to find out once and for all what the status of our finances is after 3 yrs of non transparency. Not until this occurs will we know.

Question the obstructionists....and please, sign the petition.
Thanks for this effort. I've signed the petition and will forward to others.

I originally posted about HPP because I wanted to help. It's obvious now that you don't want help but are you kidding me , you want to spend thousands of dollars on a really fancy audit that isn't needed because you don't like the way your money is spent. !!