Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling HPM on the phone
Calling goes straight to voicemail.

Seems you have to leave a message and they will get back to you?
All I wanted to know is if they had something in stock...

I’ll be ordering online.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
All I wanted to know is if they had something in stock...

No, you gotta go in person, talk story with the staff ... gee, I wonder why it takes so long to get anything done around here?
Messgae I get is “We don’t care if you have to drive 40 minutes to find out if we have something or not, your time spent is not important
O'Reilly Auto Parts is the same way.. tried to call the other day and all i got was phone crickets.

Their loss.. I went to the dealer instead.

Okay Google... Who are these people and why ain't they working?
your time spent is not important

"I reckon we got all day to pick up that copper tubin'."
I had no trouble talking to someone on the phone at O'Reilly a few weeks ago.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Calling goes straight to voicemail....
HPM just now answered the phone on the first ring for me. Ah but I could join the chorus, jump on the bandwagon.. dis 'em.. but for what? Being the number 1 go to supplier for all things lumber? yeah right. Or hey, I could say they're mud for making a profit? Lots of folks think making a profit, unless of course its them that's making it, is a no no. But no, I'd rather feel good about it all. After all, if you don't like shop there you are always welcome to go shop elsewhere. But why dis 'em? Just because they don't answer your call, on the first ring? What, you never considered they may be busy helping someone else? Whatever happened to the aloha spirit? Did Trump dump that too? But even if he did no need we all act like him too.
quote:
Originally posted by allensylves

I had no trouble talking to someone on the phone at O'Reilly a few weeks ago.

Allen
Finally in HPP

I have no doubt I would have gotten in touch eventually. But it was a car emergency at the time. And I know how auto parts store are.. talking story comes with the purchase.

Okay Google... Who are these people and why ain't they working?
I’m just reporting the facts of the situation, the “dis” is your opinion.
I like HPM. Friendly, knowledgeable people. Prices are often as good or better than Home Depot. There are two things that put their retail business at a disadvantage: first you can't see all their products in a warehouse format like in HD; you have to go to each department. Second, and more significantly, they badly need to upgrade their computer system. They seem to often have troubles with it, and returns are often painful, while at HD it's an in and out proposition. To be fair, HD often gets congested and you have to wait in line.

Often I pass HPM in favor of HD, and I'm not sure why exactly. I guess it's just nice to be able to get a 2x6 and also a tube of caulk all in one go. Not sure how HPM could change without getting a larger retail space. Then again, most of their business seems to be with large scale building material delivery.