Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rat lungworm in Australia, too
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/03/06...bills.html

"In 2010 at a friend’s party, strapping 19-year-old rugby player Sam Ballard swallowed a garden slug as a dare.

A group of young friends was sitting around at a table drinking red wine when a slug was produced and one of them said: “Eat it, I dare you”.

Ballard swallowed the slug."

it's on the mainland also
it's on the mainland also

Hopefully it's in San Diego or Seattle, they have lots of studies there.
Well now, if only they hadn't lowered the drinking age from 21 the government wouldn't have to fight him over those bills.

"Most people develop no symptoms". Small consolation for this lad. 420 days in a coma-wow.
We have a winner, Most Ridiculous Comment Of The Week.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

We have a winner, Most Ridiculous Comment Of The Week.

Thanks! It was intended to be so.

The victims before and after photos should effectively put the fear of GAWD in Australians, and others, now learning about RLW.

Do you suppose his social drinking group was aware of the hazard?
Do you suppose his social drinking group was aware of the hazard?

Perhaps they were doing important research to determine whether RLW nematodes are susceptible to alcohol toxicity.
Apparently, they’re not susceptible to ETOH.

The before and after pictures are shocking. It must be awful for both the patient and his Mom who knows he will need life long care which she might not be able to provide physically or financially, for his entire lifetime.

I remember taking a Psych class and being told that the reason Psych patients are kept inside is that several have died after ingesting slugs in the outside yard areas. This was 30 years ago, so there’s been something going on with slugs for a long time. I wonder if it was RLW then, or something else nasty.

I used to love Escargot, but guilt by association has killed that craving.
" the snails are typically purged, killed, removed from their shells, and cooked"

This would eliminate RLW.
Mahalo Obie. Nice to know.