Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth Crime Cameras in Puna
The Hawaii County Council has approved funds for stealth cameras in Puna, which police will locate in areas of high crime. Don't forget to smile the next time you're in town:

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2018/0...na-crimes/

The sign of a genius is that he talks louder after he finishes talking.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I would suggest bait cars but I do not believe the police here could keep a secret. The feds need to be involved.
do not believe the police here could keep a secret

That's why the stealth cameras are being announced on the news.
why the stealth cameras are... announced on the news.

Either way, by intentional announcement, or through the benefits of unintended consequences, every box in Pahoa, whether square, rectangular, or tetrahedron, now becomes a potential stealth camera to a crook.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I suspect that the stealth cameras will be... stolen...
stealth cameras will be... stolen...

Clearly, we need bait cameras as a decoy.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

I suspect that the stealth cameras will be... stolen...

By a guy in a mask, with a ladder, at night. It's the new Puna version of CLUE.
Almost forgot: where did they find money for this?
Automatic number-plate recognition

Google that !

My little podunk town in Ohio has one of those cars. Officer just drives around and the cameras send plate numbers to a computer database and sends an alarm when it finds a bad guy !!
Officer just drives around and the cameras send plate numbers to a computer database

In Puna, with one road in and one road out, the cops wouldn't even have to drive around. Just park on the side of the road and let the bad guys do the driving around. Fish in a barrel!

“Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude