Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Penalty For Legal Dispenary Owners?
This week, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions released a memo urging federal prosecutors to seek the death penalty for "dealing in extremely large quantities of drugs."

Will this include dispensary owners in Hawaii?
Some people think so, given the broad interpretation of laws already attempted by the Trump administration in other instances.

There's a lot of discussion on both sides of the issue which is to be expected, but large legal growers may now have a lot more at risk than their monetary investment.

(Sessions) said... that his prosecutors were free to prosecute cannabis suspects in states that have legalized the drug. At the time he promised them “all the necessary tools to disrupt criminal organizations, tackle the growing drug crisis, and thwart violent crime across our country."
Even if the Trump administration’s threat is hollow for state-legal cannabis concerns, people in the business — recreational pot is now legal in nine states — could be “frightened away from operating their businesses,” Hiller, the lawyer, said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic...ow-n858946

If you want to combine the dual pleasures of insanity and social acceptance, religion is your only choice. - Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I am pretty sure the AG is talking about drug dealers whose product causes death (Opioids mainly) - hence the death penalty for dealers. I'm sure Sessions thinks cannabis fits that description but it does not. Unless, as Willie Nelson said 'it won't kill you unless you let a bale of it fall on you'.
drug dealers whose product causes death (Opioids mainly) - hence the death penalty

Only for individuals; employees/officers of Big Pharma need not worry.
Considering how much Congress is personally invested in Big Pharma - https://medcitynews.com/2017/07/report-b...arma-pacs/
To all:
Are not nicotine and alcohol drugs?
Oops- we tried banning alcohol between 1920 and 1933-
that worked well didn't it?
Same today with "War on Drugs".
Our politicians and Policymakers are retarded and corrupt and cynical.
sessions is a right wing nutjob
Are not nicotine and alcohol drugs?

Nope, just like glyphosate and pyrethrin are chemicals but caffeine and isoflavones aren't.
Hardcore marijuana critics are in a fit because of the legalization trend. They can't stand it. It's not surprising that they blurt out the idea to kill drug sellers.