Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Hilo farmer's market
A while ago wasn't there a posting about farmer's market on Saturday nearby the main one which was supposed to cater more to residents than tourists and have a different selection? I can't find anything about it anywhere and wonder if it still exists. Anyone know?

The newer one on Kinoole Shopping Center with the Seed Shop & Hilo Noodle Shop still is there (as of 2 weekends ago....). They also were talking about it on the KHBC radio show with Myna Bird this last week...
My husband saw it happening there on Kinoole this last weekend.
Sonia had a great post about the Kinoole Farmer's Market on her blog a few months ago....
http://www.soniatasteshawaii.com/2007/09...throu.html

It is a cute market, much slower paced than the big Hilo market and the Maku'u market. Not the huge selection you find at the big ones, but everything sold there is locally produced.
What a great idea: 100% Hawaiian grown produce and products. I will definetely want to drop by when I am in the neighborhood (I will have to get on a plane first, but whatever it takes).
Thanks everyone! I am glad to hear it is still going and hope it succeeds. I will have to check it out soon.