Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Screen Doors 4 Evacuation Shed PAIDINFULL
THIS CAMPAIGN IS PAID IN FULL!!! MAHALO
I have asked Rob to open this topic to initiate a fundraiser to run until June 15th or $1680 donation is reached, whichever is reached first. Since this is my Idea, I will be assisting Rob with this fundraiser.

Habitat for Humanity Hawai`i Island, Hope Services and many other organizations are working together in building temporary housing, shelter sheds, for Puna evacuees. These will be single sloped roof 10x12 foot HPM sheds built in Pahoa town. Each shed was planned with 2 windows and a solid 36" door.

In looking over the plans, I saw a need for more ventilation and security.

I contacted Lowes in Kona & they were willing to sell 21 of their Gatehouse Gibraltar security screen doors for the discounted rate of $80. Link to the door:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gatehouse-Gibra...n/50374748

If we could pull together, once again as a community to support this effort, and pick up much of the tab for doors to provide ventilation for the evacuees temporary housing, I would appreciate it.

Donated funds will be to the shelter shed account to pay for doors. The plan is to have the Shelter Sheds totally occupied by evacuees by June 15, and end this fund raiser, or the 21 doors are paid for ($1680), whichever is first.

If you would like to donate to the Security Screen Doors 4 Evacuation Shed Fundraiser, click the "Donate" tab on the upper right section area

I know many organizations & people are asking for donations at this time.
The mind-boggling reality of this current lava inundation is that, every day, we have a new population of homeless and displaced.

Mahalo,
Carey
Is there a link to the fundraiser or is it here on the Punaweb?

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
If you would like to donate to the Security Screen Doors 4 Evacuation Shed Fundraiser, click the "Donate" tab on the upper right section area

I’m sorry I have to be in Honolulu this weekend so can’t help out Saturday with sheds, but you’re saying we can donate towards screen doors on Punaweb here...?

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=LDbo72TVbbWfb0SpRDONBLzESPmM9X0DWVdgpFZjD44b_IRRoZRgLUT7yQ4vppqqgoJelm&country.x=US&locale.x=US

Is that right Carey?
That is correct. I will process all the donations and deliver to Carey. This is her fundraiser.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Mahalo nui to our first donors:

Richard B for his generous donation, giving for more than one family shelter shed

Valapa S for your thoughtful donation

Together, this evenings donations will provide almost two shelter sheds with security screen doors, and much needed ventilation for those that need temporary shelter in a shed in Pahoa town.

Mahalo again, I am always amazed at the Punaweb family and their rapid response to a time of need.
Mahalo nui to our overnight donors:

Steve H. for your generous donation, giving for more than one family shelter shed

Tom K for your generous donation, again going above & beyond for our Puna community

Debra N. for your generous donation to provide security and ventilation for a shelter shed

Together this night, our total will now cover more than 5 shelter sheds with security screen doors for much needed ventilation & security

Mahalo to my Punaweb family!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MujE7Q-S8lo

Here is a video for an idea of what is being done such a joint community effort!

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Thanks for the clarification.

NOW if I have friends mainland that do not have punaweb membership where can I direct them please?

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I'm working at the community center that day, but donated for 2 doors. Thanks Carey and Rob!

http://the-hroost.com