Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we dint know
I seen on the news today there some people in Kapho and Vacation Land blaming the county for not telling that there was a chance that lava could come that way . So they didnt take their stuff out their house. Come on you are living on a old lava field down hill from active lava field. I fell sorry for them but they have to be looking after their on ass the lava was heading their way for days.

jrw
jrw
No matter how much you want the Nanny State to baby you, you are on your own in the Rift Zone.
priceless grammar and spellin
My pea sea has spell czech. It nose when eye make a miss steak.
follow the blue line, it goes right around north side of Kapoho Cone and down Wainani Rd to Kapoho Bay... anyone with a computer can see this easily....

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
I saw the same report jrw is talking about and must say yeah the folks did not do their "due diligence" but.. and here is the rub.. it sounds like the realtor they dealt with hid the facts. If I was them I would be looking into taking the realtor to task.. ie court on that account alone. In fact as this all shakes down if any realtor is found to have hid the facts from buyers I say they should have their license to practice thrown out immediately and not be allowed to practice ever again. Period.

With that said the buyer is still responsible. Assuming they went through a conventional purchase, they were made aware of the zone issue and all it implies through the disclosure process. So yeah, they should have known better. And still.. they didn't and as such I feel we, our laws, and the way professionals in that industry behave is not doing the situation justice.

And btw.. just because jrw knows it's an old lava flow and that the one up the hill might come to bite that doesn't mean everyone does. As someone that lived through every moment of the inundation of Kalapana I can recount more than one instance of a land owner telling me they had no idea there are volcanoes in Hawaii. Seriously.
Two nights ago there was an interview on one of the news stations with a couple who said " we were told Lava Zone 1 was the safest ", and that the last lava flow in the area was "thousands of years ago ". SMH
when making a lifetime commitment and investment there is no excuse for ignorance. The vast majority Knew the risks and are not whining about it. A gamble that paid off for awhile. Best wishes to all
We might as well throw in the lending institutions...anyone who took out a mortgage must have been informed by the lender as to the risks of zone1 zone2...I could be mistaken
That's all it was.. a gamble. The house won. Accept it, and place another bet.

... Come on lady luck!..
Kenny Rogers.. 'the gambler' comes to mind.