Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe I got a little PTSD?
Sitting at my PC in our refuge here in HPP this morning, when I hear a loud intermittent rumbling, popping sound.
Immediately all my senses tune into trying to ID it along with the general cold sensation that goes with sensing a threat.

My hearing isn't all that acute any more, so I go outside to see if I can hear it better.
Turns out a neighbor is having a bit of trouble getting a cold motorcycle engine to fire up.

I'll be very glad when this is finally over.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
Considering what you've been through, I would be more surprised if you didn't have some form of PTSD.
After Izelle and the 2014 Eruption, my Dr. at Kaiser told me that everyone she had seen from Puna had PTS. (forget the disorder part). This event has lasted a lot longer, and you were in the hot seat for weeks.
I’m pretty sure you are not alone 1V1.
I went to Alaska late last month and every evening I'd get out of car, smell smoke and think, damn the jungles
On fire (no neighbor had wood stove). Yesterday I picked up
Son from airport and said, "isnt this air bad in Kona?" He replied, "not as bad as Fairbanks..." I forgot after so many years....
A week or two ago I woke from a sound sleep when my cat scratched himself and shook the bed a little in the night. I bolted for the door thinking it was another quake. You're not alone, friend.
I still become alarmed when I hear the house creak. The 5.3 (?) one hit and shook us up, followed by the 6.9 shortly after. That was the first time I experienced a quake that size. I could feel the intensity building as the seconds passed and thought it was going to keep building when it suddenly stopped. I don't recall how long the quake lasted, probably just seconds but it felt like minutes.

Mid stream of our evacuee house guest making a smoothie the 6.9 one hit. Without missing a beat he made reservations for the next flight to Oahu. After he finished packing moments later, he asked to be taken to the airport NOW. A few days later he and his wife returned. Their house was still standing and we were able to get some of their things out before the lava consumed their house.