Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Widening Maku'u?
Two weeks ago I noticed a 12-18" strip from Beach to 11th intermittently tilled on both sides of Makuu. I wondered if it was inadvertent, bad mowing, vandalized or there was a plan to widen. Today I saw some heavy equipment running up the same line (I'm not sure if it was above or below 11th). Anyone know what the plan is or did the lawnmower just get stolen?
I believe their just trying to keep the grass off the roadway.
Drainage, when turf builds up on the side of the road water starts ponding on the road
That makes sense. I didn't think we were getting bike lanes, but I had never seen that before.
Missing the important questions: who did the work? were they licensed, insured? did they have the proper permits? was the equipment washed down to prevent spread of ROD?
Maybe this? http://bigislandnow.com/2018/06/18/hazar...s-june-18/
No, the albizia tree work is farther up Maku'u than the scraping away of grass from the roadway. I thought the scraping crew would be back to get rid of the piles of grass and mud that ended up a foot or two off the road, because of course you can not mow there now, but no one has returned. Not sure what's up.
Nothing’s up. It’s just more of HPP’s half assed Road Crew’s work. Forget the side streets, and mess up the main drags.
The clearing of the edges on Makuu Rd was done by the HPP road crew to ready the road for road striping. A hired contractor will be striping the middle and both road sides of Makuu.

Road Striping? I eat my words. Something IS up! Mahalo for the great news Mermaid! Night driving in HPP will be possible again. That is progress!