Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Hector is not even a tropical storm.
https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=f98c9ae68e727886&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

lol

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I'm thinking of going outside in the driving wind and pounding rain, knocking over a lawn chair and taking a picture.

Underneath the chair pic will be the caption: "I survived hurricane Hector"

Then send to relatives on the mainland.
quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

I'm thinking of going outside in the driving wind and pounding rain, knocking over a lawn chair and taking a picture.

Underneath the chair pic will be the caption: "I survived hurricane Hector"

Then send to relatives on the mainland.

Saw the exact same meme for Flossie in 2013.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
No doubt where I saw it and stuck in my brain since then.
I think it's fairer to say Hurricane Hector is indeed a hurricane, it's just that the Island didn't get tropical storm force winds (except on Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea).
Just a little bit to the north and whammo. We wouldn't have power for a month.
150 miles farther north and I suspect we'd be looking at a much larger disaster than the Kilauea eruption and I wouldn't be posting this tonight!
The blustery/rainy (thunder) this afternoon is the remnants of Hector, leaving our islands...
Hopefully enough precipitation to quench the fires that are still burning... & not enough wind & lightening to cause more bother!
That had to be the loudest thunderbolt I've ever heard. Must have been right over our house in lower HPP. Cat won't come out from under the bed!
yes, that was a real boom! Can you imagine that happening all night if Hector did hit us?