Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Prine PTSD Syndrome
Not sure where to post this... Anyone else feeling as I am? Lived Kapoho 12 years. Moved Volcano way 3 years ago. Many friends have lost their homes and dreams. As a carpenter I have seen works of art reduced to ashes! Now things have settled down, and I hope we all get a chance to catch our collected breathe. But, I also still cannot sleep thru the night, without the need to wake up and go to punatalk, or lavacam, or HVO. Just to make sure, of what? Anyone else feeling this? Peace and Aloha!
John Prine, "Stop Wishin For Bad Luck And Knockin On Wood"
It's normal, give yourself some time to get back to normal. That said we are still in a precarious state, pause or pau, that's the question. The adrenaline is still pumping overtime. If you were to sleep like a baby without a care in the world, THAT would be a concern. No we don't get to relax yet, just halfway.
WWW, for me it's the tilt meters and live cameras. I can't stay away. And then there's that strangely black sky at night. I just figure things never end clearly so I'm enjoying these moments of hope while they last.
waawaawah,

I suspect many other people feel like you do. I don't know what your access is to health care, but I strongly suggest taking advantage of some of the options available on the island when it comes to counseling. Talk therapy works well and I suggest taking advantage of it sooner rather than later because ignoring it (which you clearly aren't doing) can just make problems worse.

Bite the bullet and call around to see what your options might be and see what suits you:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/thera...aii-county

Good luck!