Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Happiness List, Hawaii #1 Again
Good thing money doesn't buy happiness according to WalletHub in their new ranking of the happiest states in America, or Hawaii might not have made the top pf the list. Access to nature is a major factor. With all of the different kinds of rapidly changing atmospheric conditions we have to choose from, as well as natural geological forces on display right in our own backyards, literally, Hawaii certainly has plenty of that. Unless they meant more along the lines of HVNP, which is reopening next week. We've got plenty of that too. I'm just glad we're as far away from the D.C. Tweet machine as it's possible to get in the U.S., so we miss the first 4 or 5 hours of nonsense reverberating around the east coast every morning.

But Hawaii has something that is invaluable: a relatively relaxed attitude with a predilection for social interaction and outdoorsy adventures.

“Hawaii’s happiness [ranking] is really attributed to culture,” Pamela Gail Johnson, founder of The Secret Society of Happy People tells NBC News Better. “There's a city environment, but culturally, it's more laid-back, which contributes to emotional and physical well-being. There’s lots of beaches, walking and hiking. It’s an environment that fosters a ‘stop and smell the roses’ mentality.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/pop-cultu...ncna909241

“It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.” President Donald J. Trump describing an active hurricane on Tue, Sept 11, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Love this sort of thing. Reminder to us.

LIVE LOVE LAUGH
I don't know if I trust the Secret Society of Happy People. they sound like a cult! Who knows what dark agenda the SSHP has

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I've often wondered what the result would be if there was a survey for the kookiest US state.
LOL...you know I can totally support this theory! I go back and forth between California and Hawaii. I have to say, after a few days back in Hawaii each trip I start to think about how I could avoid going back to California. Don’t like it there, even though I am a born and raised California girl (blond hair, blue eyes and tan). Life here seems to have no worries (well except for a Volcano, Hurricanes and Earthquakes) and even those major catastrophes seem to just be handled in stride here. Having much respect and appreciation for Hawaii, I value the true meaning of Aloha and try and incorporate that into my daily life, and in California where there is little Aloha, it can be interesting. I find in the world of craziness (California) I am much more relaxed than I used to be almost to the point where I don’t think I quite fit in anymore. I cherish my time here on the Island and when I leave, I count the days until I can return.

Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
quote:
Originally posted by LazyLehua

...in California where there is little Aloha,...

Sheesh. You think it’s bad there, you should try the East coast..
[xx(]
Sheesh. You think it’s bad there, you should try the East coast..

True, true.

But I could say, well, you think it's bad there (east coast)?

Try Venezuela or Panama. And I'm not talking about the resorts. Or heck how about India, Kazakhstan or Syria.

All in the perspective.
ElysianWort said, "All in the perspective."

Indeed. All I hear from friends, relatives, and acquaintances on the mainland is, "Earthquakes, eruptions, and now hurricanes! How does anybody live in that place?"
What's wrong with Panama?
Point taken, but I was talking about the USA.

When you go from here (PA) to California, you really notice the pleasant change in people’s attitude.

Then there’s the same degree of change going from California to Hawaii.

Can’t wait for the day when it will be a one way trip. .