Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homeschooling help
I have been seriously considering homeschooling my children. Now, with the closing of my daughters school, I feel I have no choice. I have made some inquires over the last two years and haven't gotten many answers. If there are any homeschooling families out there that could give me any information or even point me in a direction I would be very grateful. Thank you.[Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by AlaskaGirl

I have been seriously considering homeschooling my children. Now, with the closing of my daughters school, I feel I have no choice. I have made some inquires over the last two years and haven't gotten many answers. If there are any homeschooling families out there that could give me any information or even point me in a direction I would be very grateful. Thank you.[Big Grin]

I am not a member of this Yahoo group, so I can't see the content. I am merely aware of its presence:

Big Island homeschoolers

Good luck!

ArtM
There is a Hawaii Association devoted to Homeschooling in Hawaii.

Here is there website.
http://distancelearn.about.com/od/online...Public.htm

I do not homeschool, did not homeschool, nor do I believe homeschooling is the answer because of issues of socialization. Having said that, here is some information about distance learning free through the public schools that may be helpful:

http://distancelearn.about.com/od/online...Public.htm

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I never knew much about homeschooling, didn't really have an opinion about it until I moved into my present home about 6 years ago. The neighbors immediately next door home-school their kids, a daughter now 17, and a son now 14.

Both kids are extremely bright, perhaps at the MENSA or genius level. Both kids, and this is just my opinion, are very poorly socialized.

I could cite a few examples to support my opinion, but I'm just one guy, and this is just one case of homeschooling. There may be lots of people who are homeschooling and producing well-rounded, intelligent young adults.

BTW, my neighbor who homeschools the two kids which I mentioned above is himself a teacher in public schools, and his wife taught in public schools before she quit to do the homeschooling. What's up with that?

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)
I was not home schooled nor did we home school our kids. However, my sister has home schooled hers. Her oldest is now a senior. She has done so well on her testing etc. that she was offered to attend the Governors School in Va. (an elite school near where they live). She now goes there part of the day. They joined home school groups that have group events etc. that help with socialization. They were also kept active in their church groups, which accomplishes the same thing, along with the other expected benefits.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.