Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County tries to make tourists be respectful
County, visitors bureau launch campaign to try to make tourists more respectful...

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...espectful/

-------------
The problem isn't tourists for the most part. It is local folks who litter and destroy things. Tourists don't throw tires on the side of the road, tourists don't litter the shoreline with fishing line and hooks... etc, etc...
Tourists don't leave cars on the side of the road to slowly rust into oblivion. Or pile 10 of them in a front yard. Or toss a pig carcass only 5ft into the bushes.
tourists dont trash out the beach parks in Hilo every weekend.

if anybody needs to learn respect.. it would be the locals.
Tourists do dump their cash on this island. I think most tourists appreciate the beauty of Hawaii Island more than some of the locals which don’t aloha aina as stated above.
Why should they be more respectful, the council cant even write one making themselves
Respectful?

Dan D
HPP

HPP
Tourists Don't - Tourists don't sit in parking lots at night getting drunk playing loud music and when someone asks them to turn it down, respond with extreme violence.

Here's our 3 most recent residents caught for engaging in such activity:

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...ppearance/

I love the quote from one of the suspect's mothers: (She said) her son is a loving person. “People have their moments.”

Reminder to Tourists: Avoid any group of men hanging around parking lots late at night, drinking. Beach parks are especially bad.

One of the conditions of making bail:

The judge added the condition that Samoa not go within 300 yards of Kona Seaside Hotel or the victim.

Can you even see 300 yards most places in Kona? Three football fields? This judge might be serious.

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Samoa doesn't look like a good candidate for making a good estimation of 300 yards, or even walking that far without chemical assistance.

That respectful list strikes me as ever so slightly inane.
make tourists more respectful...

...to the best of their abilities or knowledge, right?
Anyone seen today's Trib? Front page pic of the 'Pono' T-shirts. Super ugly. Zero images. How about a Turtle? Or a Hibiscus flower?
Who is the target market for this pitiful looking rag? Soon to appear in the $1.00 bin at your favorite thrift store. Muddy colors, won't show dirt, so good for cleaning the truck or bagging trash.
Maybe put the logo on a carry bag so it can be used to pick up trash at the beach. BTW, not many tourists are dumping washers, dryers and house refuse within a half mile of the Pahoa recycling center, but let's blame the tourists for that, too.
Your tax dollars at work, brought to you by the creative folk at Hawaii County.