Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage bottles
I have a few dozen antique bottles, most, if not all from Oahu. Anyone know of a stoe, club or some one who can evaluate them? I was going to start phonong around but figured one of you good folks may already know the bottle person. No obvious jewels but they were collected by my dad who had a good eye or antiques.
"Glass from the Past" store in Honomu, going up to Akaka Falls, is the best for bottle info I have found on island...
28-1672 Old Mamalahoa Hwy # A, Honomu, HI 96728
Phone: (808) 963-6449
https://www.facebook.com/glassfromthepas...4227605286
Carey,

How in the HE double toothpicks could you possibly know all these things?!?

Cheers,
Kirt
She be smart and a nice lady as well

Dan D
HPP

HPP
Obviously.

Cheers,
Kirt
For Glass from the Past, I took a beachcombers class (through the Lyman, me thinks... it was a few years ago), & we stopped in there to figure out the origins of some of the glass we found....
age, color & origin all make up some unique bits of glass found in the bay.....
& there was ice cream involved.... which really helps my memory....

& having organized beach cleanups for over a decade here... old bottles are found in the cleanups...so when I saw the collection in Honomu... I knew a great resource to remember...

ETA: Recipe for my knowledge: I am fairly active in the community, have never stopped taking a wide array of classes, am involved with many of the local cultural & education venues, AND ICE CREAM to reinforce all long lasting memories...
Thats what my lady said. Its easy to remember things if u link it to eating ice cream.
I have to make my own now with my vita mix,since im on a keto,no sugar diet. I will have to bring u some carey when i come to your class at the pool.
Aloha
Dan

Dan D
HPP

HPP
+ anadda for superheroine Carey.
OH Dan, you do know how to start a class!