Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whales
https://mauinow.com/2018/10/08/the-whale...of-season/

I wonder when we'll get the first one over here, let us know if you see one!
“Seeing the first whale is always a good sign for us,” said PacWhale Eco-Adventure Captain and today’s crew-member Courtney Cox

holy crap, I didn't know Courtney Cox from Friends was also a PacWhale Eco-Adventure Captain!

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I spotted my first pod of whales last night, off Beach Road in HPP. They surfaced and spouted three times around 5 PM. One of them raised its tail high out of the water a single time as it dove beneath the waves. Plenty of oohs and aaahs along the shoreline.

I spoke with someone else who saw a pod off Hawaiian Shores / Beaches about 2 or 3 days earlier.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out!
Went fishing out of kona yesterday know one I spoke to has seen any whales there.

jrw
jrw
Hubby saw one yesterday around 2p.m, by Kehena.
Blows, a breach nd some pectoral Finn
waving.
They say that the whale count last was down 50% from normal levels. Might have a bit to do with ice decline and krill decline

HPP

HPP
quote:
Originally posted by SandyS

Hubby saw one yesterday around 2p.m, by Kehena.
Blows, a breach nd some pectoral Finn
waving.

Did he say this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CM8tTG9Yig
Yes, TC that is pretty much what he said! LOL. Our old dog was terrified by the
sounds of a whale tale slapping the water after dark yesterday. Almost as scary as thunder for the poor dog . At least some of them are back in the neighborhood.
quote:
Originally posted by dan d

They say that the whale count last was down 50% from normal levels. Might have a bit to do with ice decline and krill decline

HPP

With the plankton dying off in the northern oceans..it make sense that would effect the krill( plankton is eaten by the krill, whales eat the krill.
If krill becomes more scarce.. it stands to reason that whales would too.