Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large plane flying low over HPP on Thursday
Anyone know what that was about? I didn't catch the markings.
In the afternoon, if I remember correctly.
I didn't catch the markings.

What kind of contrails did it have? Were you able to sample them with a laser spectrophotometer and get a guess at the payload?
Yea and precisely where?
Be careful pointing lazers at da sky . Faa dont like that.
Aloha

HPP

HPP
What did it smell like?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Maybe that's the Sheik's private 747? The dude here for Ironman?
There were two large 4 engine planes parked at Hilo International yesterday afternoon, the Sheik's and a khaki-deep-green military cargo jet.

"No one is such a LIAR as the indignant man." Beyond Good & Evil, 1886 - Friedrich Nietzsche
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Anyone know what that was about? I didn't catch the markings.
In the afternoon, if I remember correctly.
-----------
So an airplane in the sky generates a new post? Puna just keeps getting more and more strange.
Faa dont like that.

Fire away. FAA don't come to Puna. If they did they would have to acknowledge the excessive helicopter traffic over residential neighborhoods. And we can't have that, can we?
This was on the BIISC facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/UHBIISC/ - "HEADS UP! On Wednesday (Oct 3) our Rapid Ohi'a Death EDRR team will be conducting aerial surveys, via helicopter, in Hilo and Upper Puna. The info we collect during these flights helps BIISC and our partners to understand the changes in the forest and develop strategies for forest resilience. We apologize for any disturbance! If you see our team in the air, please give us a friendly wave :-)"

They also use the Carnegie Plane for forest surveys. https://cao.carnegiescience.edu/

Mauka Hilo-side
Mauka Hilo-side