Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HawaiianTel in Leilani?
I had just got my vehicle fixed, running and was headed out to get my safety inspection and tabs.
On the way, I passed by a HawiianTel crew along Leilani Ave hanging new cable along the upper poles.
Just after passing the work crew there was a small sign on the ground under the lines saying something about new service from HT.

So my question:
Is HawaiianTel bringing optical fiber into LE?
It sure would be nice if they were.
We'd be tempted to drop Spectrum like a hot rock.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
quote:
Originally posted by 1voyager1

We'd be tempted to drop Spectrum like a hot rock.

I see what you did there!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Hawaiian Tel installed fiber to the home, completing the installs in April, for all of Leilani. I am waiting on my re-install order as a decent chunk of their infrastructure got buried by lava. I had it before and it was blazing fast with ultra low ping times.
I called them after returning asking about getting service.

I was given the same response as I was given when we first moved in:
They had no openings for new subscribers.
I was getting my hopes up that might be changing.

Plus, since being reconnected Spectrum has been giving us much faster speeds.
I thought it might be in response to more competition in the area.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
The rep I talked to said to get all your neighbors placing repeated orders for service via the on-line tool. They can always cancel before the actual install, but the placement of the order triggers back-end reporting on the demand for the service which brings attention to management.
While walking the yard with coffee in hand, when I reached the end of the driveway, I see 2 or 3 cherry picker trucks working their way up our street.
Curious, I walked down to see what was going on.
Hawaiian Tel is installing high speed cabling on our street.
We will be able to have telephone/i-net service through them by the end of July to mid August per the man on the ground.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I HAD Hawaiian Telcom fiber to the house on lower Malama... It was wonderful. After the lava event, they did ZERO to re-establish service so I went with Spectrum who went out of their way to fix and install cable internet and TV.
I have fiber in Orchidlands but if we had a Spectrum option I would switch. The problem is they require you to take their landline fiber service if you want a landline. Internet out, phone out. I want a landline I can count on. Spectrum internet, Telcom POTS, I’d be happy.
Pretty sure Telcom will let you order POTS on top of fiber. Best excuse (if you needed one) is probably "my alarm company said I had to have it".

When Telcom brought fiber to me (Orchidland) I had them leave the copper line and I have my phone on that and internet on the fiber line for the reason you describe. Separate bills but the total cost is the same. However, if they have already taken your copper line out I can see how they might resist bringing it back for you.