Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School immunizations
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...-students/

"Balajadia said that the DOH will retain medical exemptions for children with compromised immune systems and for religious objections."

Interesting; there was another story today about an outbreak of chicken pox at a school on the mainland with one of the highest rates of religious objections in the country. No word on how many people here think their god will do a better job protecting their children than vaccines.
Do they make the teachers and staff get any shots? I ask because I know an aide at a local school who resolutely refuses to get a flu shot and then gets the flu every year.
No Comment from the anti-science crowd? Good! It gives me hope.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

Do they make the teachers and staff get any shots? I ask because I know an aide at a local school who resolutely refuses to get a flu shot and then gets the flu every year.

If only there was a vaccine for stupid...
There is ... It's called a "flu shot"

That's for you my friend paul/tom ..
Do they make the teachers and staff get any shots?

They do not.

There is still a choice allowed.
I happen to be pro science. I also like having a choice.

If only there was a vaccine for stupid...

How would one get them in line for that type of vaccine? Mail in notification? Text message? Can't read. If there ever happened to be an organization for such a thing the lines would wrap around the hypothetical building, down the street and all the way from Hilo to Kona. Would cause pandemonium. Mass hysteria.
Pro science but also pro choice? That doesn’t work too well with schools and vaccines.
Why not?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

I hope we can all agree that vaccines work and are good, despite having been created by science.
Umm...the "herd immunity" position actually counters your assertion that pro science and pro choice cannot coexist and work in schools. You've taken a position here, I'm just trying to understand what it is.