Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources of cinder soil?
Is there a source of cinder soil that sells it by volume other than the quarry? (We don't have room for 11 yards).

Puna Rock sells it by the ton and it's not a good value unless it hasn't rained in at least 3-4 days (longer is better) and we haven't had a dry stretch in a long time and there is nothing good in the forecast.
Random,, but u might check out St.Josephs school. Cannot remember if its cinder soil or not . But they
have a bunch of something baggage up on the side of the gym and i bet they prolly would like it gone.
Akatsuka Orchid Gardens sells cinder by the 1/2 ton.

Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
Thanks for the suggestions.

To clarify I'm looking for cinder soil, 50% topsoil mixed with 50% black cinder for drainage. By volume (the yard, or whatever).

I guess if I wanted a bargain I could wait for the county to sell off that urine-soaked soil with the hypodermic needles embedded into it from the ball fields from the parks that are closed until 2020. But.... I'll pass. http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25707
I know a guy that will deliver 5 yards 50/50 for about $260, if that’s in your range, I’ll get you his number.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
What you call cinder soil is called soil mix. Byrsons has it as well as puna rock.the dirt,soil is usually from hamakua,. You are right about it being muddy when delivered
Aloha

HPP

HPP
Puna Rock sells it by the ton and it's not a good value unless it hasn't rained in at least 3-4 days (longer is better) and we haven't had a dry stretch in a long time and there is nothing good in the forecast.
--------------
has not rained for 3+ days now in lower Leilani. Might be a good time to go get it.
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

I know a guy that will deliver 5 yards 50/50 for about $260, if that’s in your range, I’ll get you his number.

I'll take it. If we don't try it now we'll try it later. We probably need that amount a few times per year.
209-3108
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, who am I calling?