Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Wolf Blood Moon appearance from Puna
Howzit Puna! According to yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/super-wolf-blo...ories.html is happening while hubby and I are visiting your beautiful island again. I am wondering how spectacular the SWBM will appear in Hawaii versus if we just stayed home here in San Clemente CA? lol -as if [Smile]

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence."......Journal, 18 October 1855 - Henry D. Thoreau
"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence."......Journal, 18 October 1855 - Henry D. Thoreau
Welcome friends - 10000000000 times more spectacular times 10.
Mahalo a nui Mrs. Mimosa! We appreciate your kindness in welcoming us back. Ho’o mai ka’i Mrs. Mimosa.

Although it will be nice here, the VIEW OF THE full, TOTAL ECLIPSE will not be as good...in fact, in Hawai`i, we will not get a view of the full, total eclipse, just a partial of the full eclipse.... the total eclipse will be at 7:12PM, JUST AFTER SUNSET...so MAYBE a not-so-bloody Super Wolf moon than the mainland will have...
Any view of the eclipse will be around sunset (7:12 for the total eclipse), with the rising moon...
https://www.space.com/42830-supermoon-bl...-2019.html
But it will SMELL really nice!
Certainty will be the death of us.
Moonrise tonight 1/20: 5:58 PM
Sunset tonight 1/20: 6:05 PM

Total eclipse: 7:12 PM
Skies look good right now...

Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.
—Mary Oliver R.I.P. 1/17/19
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Clear skies and Blood Moon clearly seen on the horizon here in HPP. Looks like Mars.
Clear skies... Blood Moon... on the horizon here in HPP.

Yes, here too. I have never seen so many cars and people parked along the coast. Everyone in high spirits, the cliffs lined with folks sitting in portable chairs. Even some howling from time to time, no doubt in honor of the Wolf Moon.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
.....could not have asked for a clearer sky! Lovely stars, shining thru the tall palm trees, with the blood moon hung in the balance.....what a beautiful view. I'm thankful to live here and heartwarming to read that so many others have taken the time to park along the coast and enjoy mother nature's performance.
Beautiful from the Kehena oceanfront area. I can even hear a whale blow out there as I watch this event.