Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Poop Law
A proposal was introduced in the state House that would define dog poop as litter.. Fine - - $500.
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=127&year=2019

City officials said it would be up to the police to witness the littering and enforce it.
https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/u...1765726051

One officer to witness the offense, and in Puna three to enforce and write the ticket for the dobie or rott.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Clean up after your pet or face a fine. Can't come soon enough.

Face it dog walkers .. Your leaving your property AND letting ur animal pee/poop on anyting it wants to. Thats disgusting.
Dogs might soon be coming to many restaurants. Bill proposed to that effect.

https://thetakeout.com/hawaii-may-allow-...1832157958

And dogs generally get to comes into stores, where they occasionally they lift a leg on a stack of groceries and take a leak.

And the owner invariably just walks on and--of course--has no problem returning with dog to the same store a week later, where they might do it again.
Good thing I didn't see this bill first, or else the title of this thread would have been:

"Hawaii could be the latest state to tax dog poo"

I think the bring-your-dog-to-the-restaurant thing works in Europe where people are civilized about it. I remember seeing diners with a dog get up and leave because a new diner and dog came in and the original diners' dog got grumpy about the new dog in the restaurant. Here a situation like that could quickly devolve into who got there first instead of who's animal isn't behaving.

So we'll have to put up with fake service animals instead, because the law allows them to behave in any manner the owner wants.

Other than all that, I think it would be great if I ever owned a dog that was capable of behaving in a restaurant and taking it there, but honestly when we can afford to eat out, which isn't often, the last thing we want to see is one of our dogs.
Here a situation like that could quickly devolve into who has the biggest gun.
"Here a situation like that could quickly devolve into who has the biggest gun."

Not sure I understand. There are no concealed-carry permits in Hawaii so only the police can have unlocked guns outside of sanctioned hunting or target shooting activities.

ETA: This is off-topic and off the farm!
Biggest ( fake service ) dog then

: )
"This is off-topic and off the farm!"

Yes, but how much discussion do you really want to have about dog poop?
how much discussion do you really want to have

A lot when I step in it. Although it’s less a discussion than...
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Does that mean I can take my service horse to the restaurant with me..