Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weed killer recommendations
Looking to keep the weeds and the vines down in a older cleared lot . No cane grass. Any recommendations? Want something super strong. I do t know what they use on the side of the highway but it seams to work good. Thanks!
Mix Honcho and 2,4-D together. Nails the grasses and broad leaf woody stuff. You can use Round-Up in place of Honcho, but it is not as good as Honcho. Combined, use sparingly and it works very well. no need to overdose.
If you're not eager to poison our aina, you can use mechanical methods (mow), or burn with a propane torch (available at ACE)
Oh jeez don't get me started here. What kind of poison to use? Poison that inevitably seeps into our earth and runs into the ocean.

What could be wrong with that?
I like the torch idea I’ll check it out thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by keiregan

I like the torch idea I’ll check it out thanks!

It's illegal to open burn in Hawaii
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Torching the weeds is not considered open burning... Most people who torch them use the system on lava where weeds are growing through cracks, hence no fire risk.
I know someone who was burning weeds a little too close to their garage and POOF!...there it went.

Common sense. Be careful.
Yes, but that doesn't compare to scary chemicals with long names.
OK, so I got 1/2 an acre overgrown with Guinea grass, 7ft tall, and we hit a dry spell, it all turns brown. It's surrounded on all sides by Christmas Berry, from everything I have read, will NOT burn. No houses or structures within 100 yards in any direction.

I light a match to it and step back and it all goes up nice and perfect in 20 minutes, am I under arrest?